I was trying to get excited about quinoa, but every time I made it, it was relegated to the back of the fridge in a lonely tupperware. Turns out I wasn’t doing it right! Quinoa should be used as a foundation for something delicious…like greek salad!
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 2 tablespoons of red onion (finely diced)
- 6 kalamata olives (quartered)
- 2 tablespoons Feta
- 1/4 of a yellow pepper (diced)
- 1/4 cup of cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- 1/4 cup of cucumber (diced)
and for the dressing…
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- Double splash of rice vinegar
- Sprinkle of oregano
- Salt & Pepper
Cook quinoa according to package directions (don’t forget to rinse it before you put it in the pot!). Add your cooked quinoa to the rest of the ingredients, add dressing, toss, take a taste…and then maybe another taste….and voila! Greek salad! To make a well-rounded lunch you might want to add chickpeas or have a yogurt on the side for extra protein.